Friday, June 17, 2011

The Prelude.

A whole new world can be opened by the inspiration of one person. I've been contemplating starting a blog for awhile now. I never knew what I would call it, what I would write about, if people would care, or how to go about actually putting one together. Well, I clearly decided to attempt it now didnt I. I'll tell you just a little bit about myself.




I'm just a small town girl, living in a lonely world. Alright, so maybe that's not true, but sometimes I wish I lived in a Journey song. Alright, now to the truth. I graduated high school a year ago almost to the day, but every day since then I've felt complacent and stagnant. I graduated...wasn't this supposed to mean I venture into the world with open arms and never let go? Wrong. I have spent the last year in prison...I mean community college. Okay, so maybe it wasn't that bad, but it definitely isn't meant for me.


I have always know I've been destined to do something big, something crazy, something special. I believe in a God that throws me curveballs and loves to see me chase His dream for my life. For the last year I have been researching and constantly thinking about one thing: Australia. I have always thought it would be an awesome place to discover, but never thought I'd make it there. That would be until one quaint lunch date with a friend.






I was eating my usual grilled cheese and mashed potatoes from the classiest place I know in the whole neighborhood: Applebees. My friend out of nowhere tells me she plans on becoming an au pair in Australia! Australia...are you joking me? 8 months before this I was researching Universities to attend there, and she is just getting up and GOING? Uh, count me in? But wait...what about school? What about my dream of Northwest University? How am I supposed to do it all?



I prayed, I made a profile on a nanny website, I waited, I prayed, I prayed, I waited, other people prayed,  needless to say, there was a lot of praying going on. About 5 months after creating my profile I landed the perfect job, perfect family, perfect location, in the most beautiful place I've ever dreamed of. As of today I have 40 days left in the good ol' red white and blue. OH, and I decided to take my classes online through my community college while I'm gone to hopefully have my Associates of Arts degree in time to start Northwest in the Fall of 2012 :)






What will this last summer bring me? Beautiful memories. Shattering goodbyes. Sleepless nights. Drudging mornings. Summer romance turned long distance love story. To be honest, I have no clue. I don't want to plan out the rest of my life anymore. I finally realize that focusing more on God than on the destiny He wants for me, life is a much better place to be. One step at a time...

1 comment:

  1. Booyah! I am so excited for you! :) Adventures await beyond the golden door of your heart to the mystical lands of dreams and opportunity flowing like a river of grand excitement and beautiful flowers of excellence and love forever and ever until the sun decides to rest it's head upon the midnight eagle of relaxation!

    ReplyDelete