Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What If Your Blue Is My Yellow?

A whole new world can be opened up when you learn more about each other. The title of this particular blog started out as an inside joke, but really got me thinking. What if your blue IS my yellow?

What if what you see isn't what I see? What if everything we think or thought we knew about people had much more underneath it. What if your truth is my lies? What if everyone was completely transparent with those around them? How much do we really know about one another? In the last month I have learned a ton more about myself and who I am and what I stand for.

One day that will be stuck in my mind forever will be last night, 7/19/2011. I had the most amazing, transparent, liberating, incredible conversation I've ever had with anyone in my entire life. Every factor going into that conversation, I believe made it that much more special. Thinking about it I still can't believe I said some of the things I said and heard. The original intent of the conversation gave me no inkling that it would turn into something so mind blowing. When I heard what they had to say, my heart sunk, I felt so honored to be hearing what I heard. When it came to my turn to talk I was a little hesitant, for I wasn't used to having this conversation.

The more I talked, the more free I felt. I didn't have to hold back. I had someone I was being completely transparent with and it felt absolutely amazing. I felt God working in both of our lives and after the conversation was over I couldnt stop praying and spending time with God thanking Him for that conversation. It's a very weird feeling---post conversation. I feel like a huge piece of me, a piece of my past, a piece of my future has been taken and given to me. In addition an amazing new person has become a bigger figure in my life.

This might be confusing to a lot of people, but that's alright. I knew it was something I needed to write about. A huge day in my life, one that I'll never ever forget.

What if your blue IS my yellow...

No comments:

Post a Comment