Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Going Going Gone.

It's official. I am no longer a piece of Australian history. Not that I did anything history worthy for the country of Australia, but I sometimes liked to think so. I know the entire 40 day experience changed my whole world into something beautiful and new. I've never been as happy as I currently am. Well, lie. Currently I am sitting in the Salt Lake City International Airport awaiting the end of this crazy long journey. I'm not too stoked about life at the moment as I feel like I'm dying rather fastl, due to lack of sleep. I'll survive. I will survive. But really, I'm so incredibly happy. Not the kind of happy that makes the ends of your mouth turn up, but the kind that makes your heart feel. The kind of happiness you just cant describe to anyone else. You'd think after this entire ordeal my spirits would be crushed.


FALSE.


After all, I spent my whole life wanting to go, get out, make something of myself, do something wild and wonderful. The fact that I came home didn't ruin all those things I wanted. It in fact made all those immensely stronger. I wanted to go---I went. I wanted to get out---I did. I wanted to make something of myself---I feel as if I was reborn again. I wanted to do something wild and wonderful---if that's not exactly what this was, I'm so lost in my view of beauty.  I will never forget my 40 days laying on the beach, going through more emotions than I thought I had in me, realizing how much my loved ones meant to me, have a better understanding of my future and most importantly renewing my vows with the love of my life. It was a wake up call to so many things I just didn't care about. Being a nicer, optimistic, full of life type person. Something sick an twisted  inside of me keeps telling me to...work...out...two words I never thought I'd hear myself say. You know  something big had to happen.This was definitely the most excitingly crazy intense test of faith I've ever  had. I didn't even get to study.

Pop quiz on life. I'm pretty sure I passed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment