Thursday, August 18, 2011

Life doesn't wait for you, so stop waiting for it.

A whole new world can be seen by simply closing your eyes.

This is a fast little blog about how much we tend to take for granted. This adventure has taught me many things in a short amount of time. As I'm laying in the sun, experiencing the first truly beautiful Australian sun, listening to Hillsong and just being, I'm reminded that I have so much. Rather than focusing on all the things I have been yearning so much to experience while here, just sitting back and letting it all come to me I'm getting my spirit back. I've been so discouraged and regretful about coming here for way too long.

When I dream at night I dream of my friends at home and how their lives are starting over just as mine has. Maybe they aren't going halfway around the world to experience it, but God works anywhere. To those starting college, I'm so excited for you! It's definitely a different experience than anything you've seen before. It's the big leagues now. For those at Northwest, please get things ready and going for my arrival next year. I'm so ready.

It's easy to be stuck in the past and try to create what's to come, but to truly live for what is now and what's happening can be the biggest obstacle. Sometimes we just need to close our eyes and let life happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment