Monday, August 22, 2011

A Whole New Beginning

Turns out my whole new world was returning to my old one.


If you follow this blog or are my friend on Facebook you probably think I'm crazy at this point. I wouldn't blame you. "So let me get this straight...you left everything on a leap of faith only to quit your job, be broke, and come back after barely a month?" Yup.


Australia isn't where I belong, at least not right now. In the short amount of time I've been here I've experienced so much. I don't mean I experienced the outback, Sydney Harbor, or kangaroos. What I mean is that I've gone through so many emotions and confusion and frustration than I could ever imagine. This was "just a test". I watched a podcast last night with my friends here about worry and learning to be calm through the storm because it is only "just a test". This isn't the end of the world, God doesn't have something against me, this is a test of my faith. In this crazy time would I choose to worry and let my circumstance overcome me or would I let my faith overcome my circumstance.




Faith prevails over all else. God always has my back no matter what. I suppose you were wondering what comes next. Well you see this morning I had two options, as a matter of fact I had many options, none of them being coming home. I didn't want to come home, not yet. I wasn't starting Northwest University until next FALL, why would I come home to nothing when I could go somewhere else and still have my adventure before I set off to school next year? It just made no sense to me. Then God came through again. I got in touch with my advisor at NU and he informed me that I would be able to attend in the Spring of 2012 if everything went well.
My world
This changed everything. I now had 3 1/2 months before my dream came true instead of a whole year. It's my time to come home. Will I be back to Australia? Absolutely. I know that this is what I'm meant to do. I have the support of my best friend when I return as she has opened up her home to me until I can figure something else out. I have complete happiness and no regrets as I leave to journey once again to the other side of the world. I will be home September 12,2011. PERFECT. Three days before my birthday, which I'll get to spend with my favorite people in the world. 





Our dreams are completely overrated. God's plan is underestimated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment