Tuesday, August 16, 2011

There's No Place Like Home.

I thought this whole new world meant leaving my old one.

I'm not so sure anymore if the intent I had coming here was ever the intent at all. In my mind I believed coming here would be exciting, eye opening, thrilling, set in stone, getting me away from everything I ever knew and opening my eyes to a whole new world, however, I think that is the complete opposite.

I've been thinking a lot today and I think my reason for coming here was not to get away from all that I had. Yes, it's been an extremely interesting few weeks. Whether that's good or bad. It just is. I've started to realize that maybe the reason I was called to be here was to see how people on the same Earth could be so different and more importantly to accept what I previously had. I think I took my surroundings for granted.
my home.my friends.my world.


I'm still in the process of figuring everything out. I don't have any money to get home. Things going through my mind if I stay here: what am I going to do? I know God has His plan and if it is for me to stay then I'll stay, if I need to come home. I'll come home. In terms of getting another job, it's a lot more difficult than I thought. The only real opportunity for me here would be nannying again. Is 6 months of something I know isn't going to pay well instead of coming home, getting two jobs, working my very hardest to start Northwest by Fall worth it?

One thing I would ask of all those in my life, just one thing...would be: support me. You do not have to agree with me. You can think I'm ruining a once in a lifetime adventure. You can think whatever you'd like. Please though, please support my decision. All I have been feeling from a lot of my friends is such negativity. If you don't understand what is going on, please ask me. You still not might understand fully why things are the way they are, but like I said, just be there for me and don't make me feel like I'm not trying hard enough and like a failure. One friend started on Facebook a "FREE Hannah" campaign. It's incredibly sweet and I appreciate it more than anything. I wont give up here. I'll keep trying to understand if being here is even my intended purpose. I pray so much that God shows me where I'm supposed to be. I'm beginning to think that

A whole new world was something I created
rather than focusing on the
Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment